Our Mission Statement
Madison Public Library is a community resource, offering lifelong enrichment opportunities through access to ideas, information and programming.
Our Vision Statement
Madison Public Library will:
- Reach out creatively with innovative services
- Connect people and resources
- Be a destination for discovery
- Serve the public in a friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, customer-oriented manner.
Our Contract with the Community
Madison Public Library will support, improve and enrich individual, family and community life by:
Contributing to the preservation of our democratic society by making available the widest possible range of viewpoints, opinions and ideas.
- Providing individuals the opportunity to become lifelong learners: informed, literate, educated and culturally enriched
- Connecting people with information and knowledge by assisting them in identifying and using resources effectively
- Valuing diversity and reflecting that diversity in our programs, services and collection
- Protecting each individual's privacy and confidentiality when using the library's resources and services
- Affirming the responsibility and right of parents and guardians to guide their own children's use of library services and resources